Point and Click adventure game
As an avid fan of Zork universe I always dreamed of playing new game similar to late zork games. Since Activision abandoned this wonderful franchise and no one other bothers
about its future I decided to make my own zork game
with blackjack and hookers thus supporting Zorkish spirit.
If you played games like Zork: Nemesis, Zork: Grand Inquisitor or Myst series then you will definitely like this. To be more precise this is demonstration game and very short.
The main point of this game lies on fact that it is possible to do new ZGI-like game and its fate is not forgotten. Gameplay is based on ZGI mechanics: Z-vision, inventory and mystical atmosphere.
Currently the latest build is a bit unstable. Game eats cpu and penetrates video card like Cthulhu swallows its victims. Open README.txt
file for some extra important information.
HOW TO GET IT
• Genre: Adventure
• Type: 2D
• Language: English
• Year's support: 2012 – 2013
• Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
• DirectX 8 (or later) compatible graphics card with at least (64)512Mb of video memory
• 256Mb of memory
• 120Mb free space
• [0.7]: Release
• [0.8]: Stage textures are divided into 4 parts (possible to run demo on weak video cards)
• [0.9]: Made some optimization plus compressed game data
• @[1.0]: Rewrite prototype to Cpp for better performance and port it to Linux/Mac
|How It All Began||Brief history of Zork: Prototype idea development ||2013-09-01|
This game is really a prototype of future zork game. Complete high quality game will be , perhaps, decided after Septarium project release.
Zork Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork
ZGI Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork:_Grand_Inquisitor
The Zork Library forum topic: http://www.thezorklibrary.com/forum
GoG.com Zork page: http://www.gog.com/mix/zork